Before you start.
This mural is designed to be installed on a maximum wall size of 3mtrs long x 2.8mtrs high. It can be installed on larger walls but there will be uncovered space on the height and / or length of the wall. When installing on larger walls, we recommend that the mural is positioned centrally (height and length) on the wall.
When installing on walls smaller than 3mtrs long x 2.8mtrs high, it is the decorator’s responsibility to determine where best to trim off any excess on the height and /or the length. We would suggest trimming off equal amounts of the mural from the sides and /or the length but ultimately it is the decorator’s decision.
- A tub of ready mixed paste
- Clean paint roller and tray
- Paint brush
- Decorator’s brush
- Seam roller (optional)
- Spirit level
- Tape measure
- Sharp knife
- Clean damp sponge or soft cloth
- Step ladders
Arthouse make every effort to ensure that our wall coverings are perfect but variations in the production process do sometimes occur. Arthouse cannot be responsible for any costs incurred due to incorrect application or hanging defective product if the defect would have been found during preliminary inspection.
Wall surfaces should be flat, smooth, clean and dry. Fill in any cracks and holes. Ensure the wall is a uniform colour. There is no need to pre-line the wall. New plaster should be primed and left to dry before hanging the mural.
Begin by familiarising yourself with the wallpaper. You will notice that each strip is numbered from 1 to 6. Cut the lengths at the markings and lay them out in the right direction and check that the pattern matches and that there are no edge variations. If you discover a problem, stop the job immediately and return all cut lengths / rolls together with the label to the retailer where purchased.
- Find the centre of the wall length using a tape measure and mark with a pencil. Using a spirit level, mark a vertical centre line from the skirting board to the ceiling.
- Pour some ready mixed paste into the paint tray. Using the paint roller, apply a uniform coating of paste to the wall (at least 60cm wide) to the left of the vertical centre line. Use the paint brush to apply the paste along the top of the wall and along the top of the skirting board.
- Line up the right hand edge of strip no.3 to the left of the vertical centre line in the desired position, allowing where necessary, to trim the top and bottom of the strip.
Using a decorator’s brush, wipe down the surface of the strip from the centre to the outer edges to remove any air bubbles
- Carefully remove any excess paste on the surface of the strip immediately with a clean damp sponge or soft cloth. Avoid rubbing too hard as this could remove colour from the design. Do not use any cleaning detergents as this will cause the inks to run.
- Trim any excess from the top and bottom of the strip, if required, using a sharp knife and a straight edge.
- Repeat steps 3, 4 & 5 above for strip no. 2 aligning the right hand edge and matching the design to strip no.3.
- Repeat for strip no. 1
- After strip no.s 3,2 & 1 have been hung, apply a uniform coating of paste to the wall (at least 60cm wide) to the right of strip no.3 and the vertical centre line.
- Repeat steps 3, 4 & 5 above for strip no. 4 aligning the left hand edge and matching the design to strip no.3.
- Repeat steps 3, 4 & 5 for strips no. 5 & 6