It’s no secret that here at Arthouse we love a little bit of magic, so Halloween is just the perfect time to let our imagination run free! Inspired by wonderful designs from our kids wallpaper range, we have chosen pretty unicorns and playful space themes as starting points for this easy Halloween DIY project.
First of all, let’s start with what you need to complete this project:
- Pumpkin (no carving needed – always a bonus!)
- Spray or acrylic paint
- Horn template (optional)
- Colourful paper or wallpaper
- Black marker
- Pins or glue
Step 1 – Cover the surface you will be working on with papers or newspapers to ensure you don’t damage your furniture. We recommend you go outdoors if you’re using spray paint. Paint your pumpkin and just make sure is dry before you move onto the next step.
- Step 2 – You can either draw the eyes with your black marker directly on the pumpkin, or do what we’ve done, to draw them on a piece of paper, cut them and glue them to the pumpkin. Doing the latter will give you some flexibility in case you don’t do it right at the first go.
- Step 3 – Time to make the unicorn horn! This unicorn horn template we found on the internet will help you to cut the colourful wallpaper correctly. We have used our Glitterati Fuchsia wallpaper and some stripes of the Glitterati Blue to add a little bit of colour to it.
- Step 4 – We have then placed some flowers to cover the stem with small pins, but you can also use glue them if that’s easier.
- Step 5 – Our sparkling silver gems have added the final touch to this unicorn pumpkin, it is now ready to shine this Halloween!
The possibilities with pumpkins are endless, we got carried away and experimented with more themes! You can now create your own galactic pumpkin too! For this one you will need:
- Pumpkin (also carving-free)
- Spray paint, minimum of two colours
- Cello tape
Step 1 – Spray-paint the whole pumpkin on dark blue (or a colour of your choice). Just like the acrylic paint, this will need a few hours to dry.
Step 2 – In the meantime, create some planet shaped templates which you next spray over the pumpkin with different colours. To avoid the mess, we recommend you stick the template to the pumpkin with a little bit of cello tape, so you don’t have to hold it whilst spraying.
Step 3 – Let it dry
Here our galactic pumpkin with our Starship wallpaper in white.